Friday, February 7, 2014

Opening the Heart Chakra in Nature

   A few weeks ago, I was blessed with a relaxing, rejuvenating vacation to Maui, Hawaii. If you have never been there, you are missing out! It is a beautiful, gorgeous, unique island with breath-taking flora and fauna. The West Maui Mountains are green and lush. The Road to Hana is full of waterfalls, lava rock formations, and rolling green hills. The ocean is crystal clear with various shades of blue that highlight the colorful reef and tropical fish below the surface. Everyone is wearing flower lei's around their necks and plumeria blossoms above their ear. When you are in Hawaii, you are one with nature.    

   Throughout the island, I felt my heart chakra spinning wide open signifying a balanced energy field. When the heart chakra is balanced, one feels peaceful, loving, harmonious, happiness, and joy. The Heart Chakra is one of the most important chakras we have as it is the transitional point between our lower three and upper three chakras. Those who live their lives with a sense of compassion, unconditional love for all, and innate harmony are living their life from their Heart Chakra. Read our Healing Nurses blog to learn more about the Heart Chakra.

   Another unique attribute of the Heart Chakra is that it is associated with the color green. Whenever I was looking at the lush green landscape of Maui, I would immediately smile and my heart would fill with joy. I felt connected to the earth in ways I had never felt before.

   At the end of the Road to Hana, there is a gigantic 400 -foot waterfall that awaits you after you walk through a bamboo forest. The bamboo was perfectly, vibrantly green. As I walked through the bamboo forest, my senses were in overdrive. A strong breeze was blowing providing us with a natural wood chime as the bamboo clicked against each other and leaves rustled. The fresh air and smells of the forest were intoxicating. Everywhere I looked, green surrounded me. My Heart Chakra was so radiant and expanded that I felt I was walking through heaven. I realized that being in nature, in this perfect serene rainforest, was providing me with natural healing and balance.

   Through my Healing Touch training, I knew green was the color of the Heart Chakra. I had been in other tropical, beautiful locations before, but this was the first time I had felt my energy expand and my chakras stimulated on such a deep level. I felt other chakras open and expand as well during many more special moments on the island.

   We ventured to the top of Haleakala, Maui's dormant volcano that sits at 10,000 feet. We arrived at 6am, an hour before sunrise to watch the sun rise above the clouds. I was all bundled up, as it is very cold at 10,000 feet, and waited for the magnificent sunrise to occur. I found myself star gazing in awe as I pondered the vastness of the universe. My heart was beaming with gratitude as I recited in my head all of the beautiful things in my life I was grateful for. I even thought to myself, a shooting star would be the icing on the cake right now. A few seconds later, I was greeted by a blazing shooting star as it danced across the sky. My crown chakra (the seventh chakra that sits on top of your head) was spinning vibrantly. The Crown Chakra symbolizes your connection to the universe and your higher power. At this moment, I felt connected to a universal oneness. A second shooting star was another gift from above.

   The sunrise that morning on Haleakala was a spiritually invigorating event. My entire being felt balanced, peaceful, and overjoyed. I was connected in nature and witnessing the beginning of a new day with a magnificent display of color and light. Nature, mother earth, and the universe were all working in harmony to balance my chakras and promote my sense of peace and well-being.

   When you are in nature, pay attention to the subtle (or extreme) changes that occur in different areas of your body and the emotions that arise. Different colors will stimulate its correlating chakra, just as the abundance of green in nature helped to expand my heart chakra. Feel your feet connected to the earth. Envision the energy of the earth traveling up through your feet to your heart chakra. Allow this sensation to fill your heart with the earths unlimited supply of natural healing energy.  Opening your heart chakra in nature will bring you peace, love, harmony, and balance.
Loving my nature walk through the bamboo forest
                                                            Beautiful Green Bamboo
                                      
                                                              Awaiting the sunrise
                                              The sun rising above the clouds at Haleakala

1 comment: